Several kind of agreements that can be signed regarding child custody

Determining how to effectively care for their children after a divorce is a major worry for both parents. Usually, this entails locating a capable child custody lawyer to assist in negotiating a plan that is optimal for the children.

There are several kind of agreements that can be signed regarding child custody. These consist of joint custody, in which both parents share parental duties, and sole custody, in which only one parent has custody. Visitation is a third type of custody in which the non-custodial parent sees their children for predetermined amounts of time. To know more about this, visit

A child’s place of residence must be carefully considered after considering each of these alternatives. The judge will typically take into account which parent can give the child a secure, stable home as well as whether or not that parent can provide for the child’s basic necessities, such as clothing, food, and shelter. The court may mandate monitored visits or perhaps prohibit visiting if the child is in danger.

Judges typically work to ensure that the child will have ample time with both parents. This does not imply that the child will see both parents equally; rather, it relies on the judge’s assessment of what is best for the child.

The judge will typically designate a “Attorney for the Child,” who will meet with the youngster and represent their desires. By doing this, the judge will be guaranteed to hear the child’s side of the story without interference from the parents or their attorneys.

In the event that abuse claims are made, the court will almost certainly order a mental health assessment. In order to do this, the therapist will meet with the child and parents and take thorough notes. The judge will base the custody decision on the findings of the mental assessment.

The parent who does not have physical custody will frequently be granted extensive visitation privileges. Nevertheless, the court may consider the non-custodial parent’s failure to pay child support as justification to fully refuse or only partially grant visiting rights.

John Sholly can assist you if you find yourself in a position where you need to retain the services of a child custody lawyer. He can help you decide on a custody plan that will work best for your child because he has a great deal of experience in family law. He also deals with other family law matters, like child and spousal support. Call now to make an appointment. There is no cost for the first consultation.